How to Use a Condom Consistently and Correctly?
Following are the main usage instructions and easy mistake in actual practice.
- Use a new condom for each act of vaginal, anal and oral sex—throughout the entire sex act (from start to finish). Before any genital contact, put the condom on the tip of the erect penis with the rolled side out.
- If the condom does not have a reservoir tip, pinch the tip enough to leave a half-inch space for semen to collect. Holding the tip, unroll the condom all the way to the base of the penis.
- After ejaculation and before the penis gets soft, grip the rim of the condom and carefully withdraw. Then gently pull the condom off the penis, making sure that semen does not spill out.
- Wrap the condom in a tissue and throw it in the trash where others won’t handle it.
- If you feel the condom break at any point during sexual activity, stop immediately, withdraw, remove the broken condom, and put on a new one.
- Ensure that adequate lubrication is used during vaginal and anal sex, which might require water-based lubricants. Oil-based lubricants should not be used because they can weaken latex material, causing breakage.
It will offer fully protection if buy quality condom and use it correctly, which still are the best choice for pregnancy and HIV protection.